Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Requiem for Inspiron 5150

I think it's time to say adieu
To find a worthy replacement new
Good Earth tea I went to sip
Sweet, spicy aromic blend to tip
Furiously typing pages of poems
Cutting, pasting, not letting them roam
Stretching my back, my eyes were red
Upon return, I found my laptop DEAD
I counted my blessings that I have saved
"Word Weavers' stuff wasn't lost," I raved
Playing tech geek until someone arrives
To see if I could bring it alive
A scavenger hunt for program disks
Found Eric's set, not an authorized risk
Into closets, under the bed, searching three hours
"Eureka, they're found," I ecstatically hollered!
Pleading a prayer, I dug up my smarts
Hoping for a computer resurrection start
A whirr, some clicks, messages flashing
"Can't find a hard drive," restart, then crashing
Doesn't sound good, trusted old friend
You've seen me through projects I'd penned
Photo shoots, blogging, IM, and email
Web searches, publishing, and bargain hunt sales
You were the link to close the generation gap
Destroying the adage of old dog's bad rap
I'll lay you to rest, recycle you green
Remembering the memories and places we've seen
Your memory has failed but mine is intact
Thankful for jump drives and my CD stack

Contributed by Ann.

No comments: