Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Corporate America

A friend of mine works as a lab technician at firm that makes various medical devices. I was talking to her last night about her day at work when she laughs suddenly and says, "Let me tell you why I love Corporate America. I love it because it's so funny."

"How's that?" I asked.

"Well, I found out today that later this week, the company is going to shoot some photos of people working in our lab for some brochure they're putting out."

"So, you're going to be a model?"

She laughed. "That's the thing. The company is bringing in professional models to stand in for actual employees in the lab."

"I bet they'll all be wearing designer safety goggles and the most-slimming lab coats available," I said.

"Who knows?" she replied. "At the very least, it's funny."

No comments: