Monday, May 7, 2007

Coincidence

Lately I've been noticing coincidences. I don't attach any particular meaning to them, but I do take notice nonetheless. The other day I was biking to Rainbow Foods to get a few things to cook dinner with. Leaving my house, I had to stop and give the right of way to a girl an a bike going the same way. So I followed after she passed and I caught up at the red light on University Ave. The light turned green, she went on, and a half block later I turned into the parking lot of Rainbow. Once there I realized I had forgotten my wallet, so I went back home, retrieved it, and returned.

After I paid for my groceries, I left and returned home the same way I had came with my plastic Rainbow Foods bag in hand. Once again I was stopped by the same red light on University Ave. As I waited for the light, another biker came up and stopped to my left. I looked over and noticed it was the same girl that had been next to me at the light on the way there. I said 'hey', and she said the same. We both had the smile on our face of someone who just noticed something odd. The light turned green and she rode away without another word, carrying a plastic bag from Cub Foods.

Contributed by Nick.

No comments: