Sunday, April 20, 2008

Sharing Spirit

We were off on a grand adventure Friday to the Minnesota Children's Museum. The Sesame Street Exhibit was in its last week. Emma had been watching her boxed CD set of the early shows when Big Bird had few feathers and Oscar wasn't green. As we were getting out the elevator, a lady pushing a stroller asked if we had to buy tickets. "Certainly," I said. "How else would we get in?"

She waved a laminated book size pass and said, "If you don't mind, walk in with me. My pass is good for six tickets and I couldn't find anyone who was available today."

We buzzed by the school groups and followed closely on her heels as she waved her pass and out spewed five tickets! Talk about meeting new friends in your neighborhood! I walked around with this silly grin on my face all day. Why does it seem more enjoyable to get an unexpected free pass? Our thanks to the generous lady on Sesame Street.

Contributed by:Ann

No comments: