Monday, April 28, 2008

Twinkle, Twinkle

I'm not sure what caused me to wake up, alert, with ears tuned into the noises of the night at 3:30 am.

A soft, melodic melody was coming from the guest bedroom. "Twinkle, twinkle, little star, ..."

I peaked in. Where was Emma? I didn't see her blond head on the pillow but still the song continued. I entered the room and heard the blind rattle. Emma was tucked behind the blind, looking out the window at the stars. She continued singing. I joined in the chorus of Twinkle, Twinkle. "Gamma, dark out. Night time. See the stars."

Millions of stars sparkled in the ebony sky. "Gamma, pretty! Night, night, Gamma." With a kiss and a hug, Emma snuggled down on her Winnie the Pooh pillow nestling with her blue fuzzy blankie, clasping her stuffed elephant from the Shriner's Circus. And me? I closed the door and went back to bed!

Contributed by: Ann

No comments: