Thursday, December 14, 2006

D-N

Today I was asking one of my students where the middle and end of his story was. His Christmas story began like this, "Me and my sester and my mom are going to the North Pole. Love, Brandon." Somehow he combined his Santa letter with his Christmas story to create this wonderful piece of work.

I told him, "Well Brandon, what happened in the middle of your story?"

He responds, "We went sledding with Santa."

I asked, "What happens at the end of your story?"

Confused look from student. A moment later, "Ms. Lee, look, DN. You know, D-N of the story!"

Brandon had written at the bottom of his paper, in large capital letters, DN. God, I love teaching first grade. SMALL (with capital letters), stupid and beautiful.....

Contributed by Katey.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

DN says it all-until there's a new beginning!
Ann